The Chinook DR Light Sport Aircraft
The Chinook DR is a modified Chinook Plus 2 with the DR Landing Gear System. It comes with standard 5 gallon strut tanks and metalized fuselage. The Chinook DR can be modified to add our in-wing 10 gallon aluminum tanks for an additional charge.
The Chinook DR aircraft kit comes in two versions, 2 stroke (Rotax 582UL) and 4 stroke (Rotax 912UL). The kit comes complete to build the aircraft, but does not include the engine, engine accessories, propeller and paint.
This aircraft is extremely STOL.
- Length: 17' 8"
- Height: 5' 10"
- Wingspan: 32'
- Wing Area: 154.4 sq ft
- Average Empty Weight: 500 lbs
- Useful Load: 544 lbs
- Gross weight (assuming avg. empty weight): 1100 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 20 or 30 US gallons
- Design Load Factors: Plus 4, Minus 2 G's
- VNE: 95 MPH
- Average Cruise Speed: 70 MPH
- Rate of Climb: 500 to 1,200 FPM
- Take Off Distance: 200 ft (about 3 to 4 seconds)
- Range: 300 to 600 average miles
- Service Ceiling: 12,000ft